Monday, May 31, 2010

Sightseeing bright and early

I gotta say....these 5:30 AM wakeup calls are really starting to get me. If you guys know me, I love my sleep. I find myself dragging throughout the day but, hey, I'm in Amsterdam so I guess I should stop complaining. Our group got sent to a city about an hour away from Amsterdam today to see some artwork at a museum. The museums works consisted of a lot of Rembrandt paintings, which were pretty cool. We stayed there for about an hour and then walked around the Hague. The city was pretty nice as we saw a lot of the governmental side of things. Next, we went to a small town called Delft. What I really liked about Delft was that it reminded a lot of what I thought Amsterdam WOULD look like. I imagined the small, compact city rather than the widely spread out city. I got some pretty good shots of Delft that you can check out below. Tonight, we are heading to the Anne Frank museum around 7:45 PM. Hopefully the line won't be too outrageously long, like it usually is.

I think I'm gonna take a nap and catch up on some sleep but I will update Anne Frank pics late tonight when I get back. Hope everyone is doing well! I am starting to miss simple pleasures of home but am enjoying my time here. Update to come soon.

-Kav




















No comments:

Post a Comment