Sunday, May 30, 2010

Paris: Updated

Hi all! So Paris was everything I could have ever imagined it to be and a bit more....we started off with a 3 1/2 hour train ride that took us into northern Paris. The train ride wasn't too scenic. A lot of green, open land. Not too many buildings. We arrived around noon and I quickly hailed a cab and only needed to say two words. Eiffel. Tower. Within 10 minutes, I was standing in front of one of the coolest monstrosities I have ever seen!

I then hopped on a double decker bus tour that took me around the city to show me the key sights. All in all the tour takes 2 1/2 hours to complete and stops at the Eiffel Tower, Champ de Mars, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Museum d' Orsay, the Paris Opera house, Champs Elysees-Etoile, the Grand Palais, and the Trocadero. The tour allows you to hop off and hop on whenever you please, with busses coming every 10 minutes. I rode the tour twice to get the full effect.

By 6:30, I was exhausted. I met up with the rest of my group who had went to the Palace of Versailles for the day, took a few more pics in front of the Eiffel Tower and decided to call it a day.

Back in Amsterdam now waiting on some pizza. It has been cold, wet, and rainy all day today. I wanted to head out and do something fun tonight but am pretty drained. I will leave you with some pictures from today. Tomorrow, we are starting our "curriculum" for this trip, so we are going to be visiting some police stations and prisons. Also, tomorrow night we are visiting the Anne Frank house. Should be pretty interesting!

Good night from across the pond.

-Kavi































No comments:

Post a Comment